Curcumin (Curcuma longa) is the source of the turmeric, a tangy spice used in South Asian dishes. It's what gives curry dishes their characteristic bright yellow color and strong taste. Like many herbal remedies, people first used curcumin as a food and later discovered that it also had impressive medicinal qualities.
Curcumin has a broad range of health effects. In fact, it has been shown to influence more than 700 genes, with potential benefits that include:
Curcumin Protects Against Cancer. Numerous studies have investigated curcumin's potential cancer-fighting properties, with promising results. Curcumin has been found to:
Curcumin Protects Against Heart Disease. Curcumin inhibits free radical damage of fats, including cholesterol. Research suggests that the ability of this spice to prevent the oxidation of cholesterol may be beneficial for your heart.
Curcumin Protects Against Brain Diseases, Including Alzheimer's. Curcumin appears to be highly protective against brain diseases. Curcumin has the ability to penetrate the blood-brain barrier and relieve Alzheimer's symptoms caused by inflammation and oxidation.
In addition to the degenerative diseases mentioned above, curcumin may play a beneficial role in the treatment and prevention of the following diseases:
What's the best place to buy curcumin supplements and other natural health products? It's hard to beat iHerb.com. Why? Just take a look at all the benefits they have to offer:
• Great Prices — 30% to 40% off most name-brand products
• New Customer Discount — save up to $10 off your first order
• Loyalty Rewards – Earn 10% credit off your next purchase
• Selection — over 35,000 products and 1,200 brand-names
• FREE Same-Day Shipping — no charge for orders over $20
• International Shipping — discounted rates on orders over $40
• Live Customer-Care Service — on the phone or live chat
• Bonus Discounts — extra 6%-8% OFF for orders over $40
• Rewards Program — earn store credit for referring your friends!
In addition, iHerb has been named
ConsumerLab's #1 Online Supplement Store
6 years in a row!
Click on the graphic below to go there now:
for subscribing to my
Health and Longevity
• Preview of new pages
• Alternative health and
Protect the Future of Your Food Supply